Saturday, January 4, 2014

Oh January

JANUARY 2014

Signing up for classes: Yoga and Ceramics
I've taken an AACC class before, about a year and a half ago. Somehow I'm supposed to remember a seven digit ID number or I can't reregister for noncredit classes. They won't reset the password or the ID number, so I have to do to AACC to prove who I am and register for the stupid classes...I'm a little frustrated they don't have a better system. Most likely I won't even get the classes I want now. Bummed.

Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale
Today I finished the book we are reading for book club even though we aren't meeting until January 29th. It was a good book and I think there will be a lot to discuss, so I'm not going to review it here and ruin it all. Perhaps I'll update after we meet. Just a hint, read past the end of the part where she stops talking; there is a weird analysis of the recordings that I can't tell the seriousness of.

Birthday Weekend
Thursday - Victoria's Gastro Pub w/ my bestie in a snow storm, then Community premiere
Friday - Dinner at mom's, tuna noodle casserole and pumpkin pie...noms
Saturday - D.C. w/ my bf, National Zoo and then District Chophouse for dinner
Sunday - Dinner at dad's, chicken parmesan and tortellini...noms
This is the life! But not so good for my health...eh I'll start next week :).

Still no jobs, but looking forward to Tuesday-ish, when people have gotten through their absurdly long todo lists and have time to look at resumes again! I'll keep you posted.

Tuesday-ish

I WAS PRELIMINARILY OFFERED THE MOST AMAZING JOB TODAY! No jinxes. Yay, January rocks!

Also, I started watching Doctor Who...I'm so behind the curve but it's a good show. Still reading and writing. Still haven't signed up for those classes.

Most amazing day of January is coming up this Friday - my karaoke birthday party! Fourteen people are coming so far and oh goodness gracious there will be singing. Stay away from Ellicott City this Friday evening, because you will hear me, and you will not like it :).

No comments:

Post a Comment